Melbourne Naturopath - Helena Davis
Your Naturopath, Wellness Coach and Gut Health guru
I’m Helena Davis. I’m a Melbourne-based Naturopath and gut health specialist – and I’m excited to guide you on a journey to a healthier gut and a happier life.
As a Naturopath, poor gut health is a problem I see daily. It’s tough seeing patients struggle with painful, debilitating digestive issues, but there’s no better feeling than helping them heal and start living symptom-free lives.
In 2017, I decided I wanted to help more people than I could reach from my Melbourne clinic. I founded Pure Gut Health to empower people around the world to take charge of their gut health and heal their bodies holistically from the comfort of home. My mission is to demystify digestive health and make treatments more accessible via my signature 12-week program.
I believe everyone deserves to feel healthy and happy every day. If you’ve been suffering with gut problems for a while, you might not remember how that feels – but all that’s about to change. I know, because I’ve been on the journey.
My journey to digestive health
My struggle with digestive issues started in my teenage years when I began reacting to gluten. This was in the ’90s when gluten intolerance wasn’t as widely understood as it is today. Pain, bloating and irritable bowel was a regular part of my day. The impact on my life was huge.
I lived in constant fear about how my body would react to certain foods. Eating out with friends became a source of stress instead of enjoyment. Bloating crushed my confidence, and my skin and hormones were flaring up too. As if being a teenager wasn’t hard enough!
I’d always been interested in nutrition, but this struggle sparked my desire to learn more about my body and health. I went on to become a Naturopath, graduating with a degree in 2008. By then, I was living symptom-free and helping patients do the same. I was about to get married in Fiji and life was looking good. Then things took a turn.
I contracted a nasty parasite called Blastocystis Hominis days before my wedding. I was struck down with diarrhea, vomiting, a fever and the shakes. Not a great look for a bride-to-be! Thankfully, things settled down in time for the wedding, but months later I still wasn’t right. I was waking up feeling bloated, reacting to lots of foods, and my bowel movements weren’t as regular as they used to be.
After a stool test picked up the parasite, I went from having a keen interest in gut health to becoming a fully-fledged gut health guru. I spent countless hours studying the digestive system and treating myself with natural remedies. I developed my own treatment protocols, diet plans and gut-friendly recipes, which I’ve refined and advanced over time to create the Pure Gut Health program.
Since that fateful trip to Fiji, so much has changed. I’ve restored my gut health, removed parasites from my life (including my now ex-husband… ha!), met my amazing fiancé and carved out a career niche as one of Australia’s leading gut health experts.
Empowering others to transform their health is my life’s work and passion. I can’t wait to share my knowledge with you in the Pure Gut Health Program.
My professional experience and approach
My passion for digestive health is backed by over 10 years of clinical experience, strong academic credentials, and recognition from clients and peers. In 2019 and 2018, I was named one of the top three Naturopaths in Melbourne.
Treating gut problems is my superpower, but I also have vast experience in pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical compounding, herbal medicine, flower essences, diet and nutrition. I am a registered member of the Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA) – Australia’s oldest professional association of complementary therapists – and a mentor to other Naturopaths and students.
As for my approach, it’s holistic. Rather than isolating physical symptoms, I consider the whole person. That means looking at factors like stress, plus addressing emotional and mental blocks that contribute to digestive ailments.
I’m open minded, empathetic and highly intuitive. I’m also a professional development junkie, as you can see from my qualifications.
- Bachelor of Health Science Naturopathy (Endeavour College of Natural Medicine) – 2008
- Advanced Diploma of Health Science Naturopathy (Australian College of Natural Medicine) – 2007
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Auckland University of Technology) – 2001
- Thinking Into Results (Proctor Gallagher Institute) – 2015
- Velocity Wellness Coaching (Wellness Leadership Masters) – 2015
- SCIO Biofeedback Training Advanced Level 2 & 3 (The Quantum Centre) – 2019
- SCIO Biofeedback Training Introductory Level 1 (The Quantum Centre) – 2018
- Quantum Biofeedback Beginners Training Course (The Quantum Centre) – 2008
- Dimensional Therapy: Advanced Practitioner Level I & II (Marcus Bird) – 2014
- Mindd Practitioner Training (Mindd International Forum) – 2015
- Blackmores Professional Celloid Mineral Therapy Fundamentals –2008
Fun facts about me
- I’m an avid traveller and have visited over 50 countries. I decided to call Australia home in 2004 after living in New Zealand, England and Ireland.
- I adore animals and have a menagerie of pets at home – a Labradoodle called Ferris, a Cockateel called Stinky, plus schools of indoor and outdoor fish. I also feed a bunch of wild birds that have taken up residence in our backyard.
- Public speaking is one of my passions. I was President of the Mighty Docklands Toastmasters Club in 2015/16. I love connecting with people and sharing my knowledge – and I’ve won a few speech contests in my time!
- My favourite way to relax is spending time on the water. I race on a yacht called Ikon with my fiancé Scott and an amazing team. In 2018, we won the Australian Championships Division 1 and Hamilton Island Race Week Division 3 in 2019.
Book your one on one appointment now and start your journey to a healthier gut and a happier life. I can’t wait to help you achieve your health goals!
What my clients say
“I highly recommend Helena for the insightful depth of knowledge she has in her field, for her extensive clinical experience, and for the warm, friendly, empathic, gentle and empowering rapport she builds with her patients. Health for life! Helena makes it easy.” ~ Marilyn
"When I decided to work with Helena, I was completely lost. I didn't understand why I was so uncomfortable and stressed. Helena took the time to listen to me, and clearly explained the correlation between my gut, skin and feelings. I feel an extraordinary improvement since starting her treatment plan... I'm HEALTHY! Thank you, Helena." ~ Coraline
“I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at age 33 and am now in remission thanks to Helena. Within a month of working together, my energy levels improved, my pain decreased and I began to feel like myself again. I look and feel absolutely fantastic and thanks to Helena, I’ve entered a new chapter in my life filled with endless possibilities.”~ Michelle
“Helena is dedicated, caring and consistently provides excellent guidance to me and my family whenever we seek her advice on improving our health or using dietary measures to overcome health issues. She always tells me which foods, herbs and supplements are the best for me and work well together." ~ Irene